Water color is something that you do not want to have on your carpet. It can come in a variety of colors and can cause visible marks on your carpet. It is somewhat tough to remove which will really cause a headache to any carpet owner. Sometimes though you cannot avoid it and accidents can happen which will cause you to spill water color and cause ugly stains that you will need to clean up.
If you are having difficulty with this problem, don’t worry as water color stains can be removed with the proper cleaning procedure. Here is a guide that you can use to make cleaning up water color stains on your carpet easy and simple.
1. Get the Materials You Will Need – You can’t start cleaning a stain if you don’t have the right materials for the job. This is why you need to gather the cleaning tools you will need. For this instance, you’ll need some household non-bleach detergent, water, a clean white cloth or some paper towels and a spray bottle.
2. Remove Any Excess Water Color – Get the paper towels or a clean white cloth and dab the spilled water color to remove as much of the remaining liquid as you can. This will help prevent it from spreading to other parts of the carpet.
3. Make a Cleaning Solution – Using the detergent and water, make a cleaning solution which you will apply onto the stain. To do this, just mix a teaspoon of household detergent with a ¾ liters of water and place some of it inside a spray bottle. Only use non-bleach detergent for this as bleach can cause damage to certain types of carpet fibers.
4. Apply the Detergent Cleaning Solution and Blot the Stain – Spray some of the cleaning solution onto the soiled area of the carpet and let it set for a few minutes. Then, use the clean white cloth or paper towels to blot the stain to remove it. Just repeat this step until the entire stain is gone.
5. Rinse and Dry the Area – After removing the stain, get some water and rinse the area you finished cleaning. This will avoid having any residue from the cleaning solution left behind which can build-up over time and damage your carpet. Dry it using some clean rags or towels and you’re done.
Water color is great when used in the proper canvas and not on your carpet. The next time you accidentally spill some water color, just follow the simple steps above and you’ll no doubt have any problems in removing water color stains from your carpet.